We are Committed to Your Success
Please Call for a Free Consultation (858) 793-8884
The Only Certified Family Law Specialist in San Diego
with an MBA and CPA
If you and your spouse have valuable assets, you will need family law counsel from a San Diego divorce attorney with an MBA and CPA, who has experience in both legal and business matters. At the Law Offices of Nancy J. Bickford, APC, a divorce law firm in San Diego you will be represented by a team headed by attorney Nancy Bickford, who has been certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as a certified specialist (CFLS) in family law.
ln addition to being a Certified Family Law Specialist, Ms. Bickford has also earned her MBA and is licensed by the State of California as a CPA. As a divorce lawyer, this unique combination of family law, business and financial experience will help you achieve the results that you deserve! Ms. Bickford’s background as a MBA/CPA allows her to efficiently collaborate with financial consultants or experts, accountants, economists, business appraisers, and other professionals when needed to work through the many complex issues that divorcing parties face.
Nancy J. Bickford is the only attorney in San Diego County representing clients in divorces, who is a Certified Family Law Specialist (CFLS) and who also is actively licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Divorce in San Diego can be a confusing and lengthy process. Selecting the right law firm or divorce attorney to represent you is one of the most important decisions you will make in your divorce process. The attorneys at the Law Offices of Nancy J. Bickford, APC are committed to protecting our clients’ interests, and to providing them with the highest quality legal services in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner. We understand that as you begin to walk down the path that divorce will take you, everything is at stake. Your future and the future of your children depend on how you approach your divorce.
The family lawyers at the firm are dedicated to addressing divorce needs in a positive, collaborative manner that resolves conflict, avoids court intervention whenever possible, and helps families restructure their relationships to benefit all members during and after the divorce. Our goal is to empower you to participate in creating your own agreements and, whenever possible, to resolve matters with a negotiated settlement.
One of the most sensitive aspects of divorce is child custody and visitation. Our divorce lawyers work to preserve the psychological, emotional, and physical well-being of your children, and to help you protect your children from being exposed to any dissolution-related matters. Ms. Bickford and the attorneys at the firm understand that you will have strong feelings about the emotional, physical, and legal needs of your children, and your spouse will too. Our divorce lawyers are sensitive to those needs and will use our experience to advise you in co-parenting and custody disputes. We will use all of our resources to prepare you for custody mediation if that is the best process for your case. We promote the use of mediation to resolve custody disputes in throughout San Diego. If, however, you cannot work through your disputes yourselves or through mediation, our lawyers will fight zealously through the court system to protect your rights and the rights of your most precious assets, your children.
As we navigate you through this process, We recognize that your needs are important. You need a firm with attorneys that will recognize and respond promptly to your very important needs, as well as return your calls and answer questions in a timely manner. We pride ourselves on being accessible to all of our clients and on promptly returning calls and answering questions.
Our compassion, experience, and when necessary, aggressiveness will enable you to achieve the results you need and deserve. We are experienced, thorough and aggressive. We get results!
If you have any questions about divorce laws, spousal support, child support, have questions about other aspects of family law, or simply wish to schedule a consultation with the San Diego divorce attorneys at the Law Offices of Nancy J. Bickford, APC call us at (858) 793-8884 or email us.
Read more at the San Diego Divorce Attorneys Blog for news related to family law!
The Law Offices of Nancy J. Bickford does not send unsolicited emails. If you have received an unsolicited email from someone claiming to be a representative of our firm, please contact us directly at (858) 793-8884.
- Family Law Mediation
- Mediation vs. Litigation
- Spousal Support
- Division of Property
- Premarital Agreements
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- General Information - San Diego Family Law
- Child Custody & Visitation Modification
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Grandparent Visitation Rights
- Move-Away Requests
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Guardianship Over Minor Children
- Opinion of Children in Custody and Visitation Disputes
- Spousal Support Modification
- Alimony and the Self-Support Goal
- Child Support Enforcement Methods
- Marital Standard of Living
- Family Support
- Unmarried Cohabitants and Palimony
- Domestic Violence
- Kick-Out Orders
- Elder Abuse
- Uncontested Divorce
- Legal Separation
- Summary Dissolution – Simplified Divorce
- Default Judgment in Divorce
- Court Reporters
- Family Law Appeal
- Third Party Joinder
- Temporary Orders (Pendente Lite)
- Family Court Services Mediation
- Mandatory Settlement Conference
- Post-Judgment Modifications & Enforcement
- Motion to Set-Aside
- Discovery in Family Law
- Separate Property
- Community Property
- Quasai-Community Property
- Property Tracing Methods
- Breach of Fiduciary Duties
- Division of Separate Property Business
- Division of Professional License or Education Upon Divorce
- Dividing Retirement Benefits and Pension Plans
- Division of Insurance
- Sale of Assets in Divorce
- Property Valuation - Art, Antiques, & Collectibles
- Date of Separation
- Grounds for Divorce or Legal Separation
- Mandatory Waiting Period in Divorce
- Common Family Law Terms
- Personal Jurisdiction
- Attorney-Client Privilege
- Credits and Reimbursements
- Marital Settlement Agreements
- Vocational Evaluation
- Military Divorce Considerations
- California Family Court Rules - Common Misconceptions
- Automatic Temporary Restraining Orders (ATROs)
- Comingled Accounts
- Reserving Jurisdiction
- Spouse's Separate Property
- Military Divorce and BAH
- Complying with Discovery Orders
- What to Expect in a Divorce Consultation
- Privacy and Divorce
- Life Insurance and Support
- Divorce Judgments
- Common Law Marriage in California
- Filing for Divorce in California
- Child Custody and Child Support for Unmarried Parents
- Custody & Visitation – Preparing for Deployment
- Understanding Contempt of Court in Family Law
- Benefits of Hiring a California Certified Family Law Specialist
- Benefits of Hiring a Family Law Attorney Who is Also a CPA
- Methods of Business Valuation
- Discovery Cutoff
- Sanctions in Family Law
- Reviews & Testimonials
- Complex divorce needs quality representation - Nancy Bickford Review
- Reviews of Nancy Bickford - Small Notes of Thanks
- Divorce, Post-Divorce, and Beyond - Nancy Bickford Review
- Spousal Support & Asset Division - Nancy Bickford Review
- Referred by a Friend, Client Sees Results - Nancy Bickford Review
- Seeking Information, Client Receives Guidance - Nancy Bickford Review
- Blindsided by Divorce Papers - Nancy Bickford Review
- Interviewed Many, Selected Nancy - Nancy Bickford Review
- Nancy Bickford compassion gave me hope in a difficult time.
- Went Above and Beyond - Shannon Miles Review
- Lawyers Like You Make a Difference
- Divorce Myths and Urban Legends Debunked As a divorce attorney, most of my clients come to see me for the first time with some misconceptions regarding California family law and/or divorce ....
- Making a Major Purchase Before Your Divorce is Final After 23 years of marriage, Kris Jenner filed for divorce from Bruce Jenner. Sources say that Bruce "celebrated" his upcoming freedom by dropping ....
- Instruction Manual for San Diego Courthouses For many people, their first experience with a courthouse is through a divorce proceeding. Going to court for the first time can be intimating for ....