Team Photo

Child Custody & Visitation Modification

Child custody and visitation is a heart-wrenching topic to litigate. When a child’s parents separate he or she is often confused and needs to return to a routine schedule to ease him or her through the transition. If you are unhappy with your current parenting plan, Bickford Blado & Botros will work with you through the process to find the solution that is in the best interest of your child.

Read more about Custody and Visitation

You can ask the court for a modification of child custody and visitation orders at any time. However, your request will not necessarily be granted. In a paternity or divorce case, the court determines what is in the child’s best interest and makes orders accordingly. A paternity case involves parents that are not married and have a child. The parent seeking a change of the current order has the burden to show the court a significant change of circumstances has occurred to support the request to change the order. Some common reasons for requesting a change of custody include, a change in a parent’s work schedule, a parent has moved closer to the child, the child’s preference has changed, a parent is being irresponsible, or a parent wishes to relocate.

At the onset of your case we will meet with you to discuss your child’s needs and custody-related matters. Our dedicated family law attorneys will give you the necessary knowledge to move forward with your case and explain the relevant legal terms. If the court grants a modification in child custody or visitation that order may impact other cases. If you have an order for child support it may be modifiable if there is a change in circumstance such as a material change in custodial timeshare.

What if you and the other parent cannot agree on a new parenting plan? Bickford Blado & Botros can help provide you with information and guide you through your options. We have expert consultants available if needed to help you prepare for custody mediation. If the negotiation and mediation processes both fail, our team of experienced attorneys is prepared to litigate your case in court.

If you wish to schedule a consultation with Nancy J. Bickford, call us at (858) 793-8884.